Saturday, November 14, 2009

the original princess


So I'm two days late but I thought we'd better mark Grace Kelly's 80th birthday! The woman who embodies class and elegance on the silver screen turned the big eight zero on the 12th of November 1929 so I thought what better way to celebrate than with a little bio a few photos and some you tubing :D

Born into a VERY wealthy family in Philadelphia, Kelly began life as a socialite and quickly moved onto modeling as a teenager before being discovered as an acting talent and at 22 and was cast in a small part in the movie 'Fourteen Hours' but it was her role in Alfred Hitchcock's 'Dial M for Murder that really caught peoples attention and put her on the path to one of the most prominent legends of the silver screen.

Although I love her work with Cary Grant I have to say my favorite movie of Grace Kelly's is her last one, High Society with Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra *sigh* I LOVE that movie! Anyway after this she became engaged to and later married Prince Rainier of Monaco, collecting the title for herself of her serene highness Princess of Monaco or as she was commonly know, Princess Grace. Its a tragedy that Grace Kelly's life was cut short after a car accident at the age of 51 but her poise, beauty and grace live on in her films which I would highly recommend! So i'm off now to watch 'High Society' and wish Princess Grace a very Happy 80th Birthday...belated :D



1 comments:

Lesley said...

I've been aching to watch high society for weeks but it's at mums place! :(
happy b'day Gracie sorry I missed it!

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates