Monday, October 12, 2009

lets all meet up in the year 2000


A while ago I came across Pulp's seminal 1995 album, Different Class in limited edition form. I of course was obliged to buy it straight away since in my clear insanity I didn't actually already own the album in any capacity.

Pulp are one of those bands so easy to love but so easy to over look. But over look them I will no longer do. Jarvis Cocker, quite frankly, rocks my socks. Pulp were (and are) amazing but it's his solo works that really get under my skin.


In fact Angela is probably one of my favourite singles of the year. Besides, if there were ever a time to become smitten with Mr Cocker now would be it. It seems that this most incredible of men is involved in just about every kind of project you can think of right now. He's everywhere. And I intend to enjoy it while it lasts!


The only thing I won't be able to enjoy/take advantage of is his trip to Australia as in my broke state I can not afford the simple joy a ticket to one of his gigs would bring. Alas I will just have to surfice with the Jarvis in my head. Not that I mind. He's pretty fabulous.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates